JUUC Ab Initios Battle in an Intense Moot Competition: The Dominis Legem 4.0

 The fate of the teams resting on the hands of their newest additions: the Ab Initios.


The Dominis Legem is a yearly moot competition, organised by the Justice Udo Udoma Chambers, for their first year pacesetters. The 4th Edition of the Dominis Legem was organised by the Intermediate class spearheaded by the Head of Practice of the 10th Board of Trustees, Justice Udo Udoma Chambers. 


On the 30th of June, 2023, seventeen counsels from the Ab Initio class represented their teams, Dominic, Kereti, Love and Dignity in an intense moot competition. 


The first round commenced with Team Dignity's counsels(appearing as appellants) facing off against Team Dignity(appearing as respondents). The atmosphere remained tense as the second round commenced thereafter with Team Dominic's counsels(appearing as appellants) facing off against Team Love(appearing as respondents).




At the end of an intense battle, Team Dignity emerged victorious, with Team Love emerging the first runner up. 


In an interview with the the lead counsel of the winning team who doubled as the second best speaker, Firstlight received his remarks:


It felt very great winning the moot competition. Personally, I never expected to be the winning lead counsel nor second best speaker because I didn't feel worthy compared to my co-counsels.


Nevertheless, I really believed my team could win and I was willing to make sure I put in my best just because of them, considering the sacrifices they and our coaches made. In spite of the tough training sessions, we made it till the end!


To be honest, the experience i had during the moot competition isn't something I would trade for anything in the world.


I can't wait to wear the gown and wig again. And when I finally do, I won't wear it with the fear and doubts like I did before. Rather, I would wear it with every ounce of confidence.

Uduak Alphonsus, the Lead counsel for Team Dignity 

The Chairman of the Central Planning Committee, Esther Ukpong, an intermediate pacesetter, made the following remarks to Firstlight on her experience planning the entire event:


Being the Chairman Planning Committee for the Dominis Legem 4.0 was such an opportunity I will always appreciate. I can not fail to recognise the Head of Practice, Declan Abiom, for his massive support.


Though the position was tasking and at some point, it looked like the program would not hold, thankfully, to the glory of God, we were able to pull it through.

Esther Ukpong, Chairman of the Central Planning Committee, Dominis Legem 4.0

With Dignity emerging victorious in the 4th Edition of the Dominis Legem, the battle for the title of the Team of the Year grows tougher with every passing day. At this juncture, we can only cross our fingers in anticipation. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Radiant Ink Fest: Our Longlisted Entries

Keep Uniuyo Annex Clean: Sophomore Pacesetters Embark on a Thrilling Cleaning Exercise in View of their SDGS